Thursday, January 7, 2010

return

2 days until a week of being back. These past five days have been eye opening and enlightening as to how much I have changed from my old self and how my old self was still clinging to my coat tail as I came back through the doors of the PWL. Coming back I see that barriers that were still up between me and some of the boys, are now significantly weakened or do not even exist at all. Although I had a fantastic break with my family and have seen very many victories for Christ, it was almost a big “slap in the face” to get thrown back into the realities of school. There is no doubt that I love the wisdom that I am receiving from Tim S. and my heart is moved by what he speaks on, to come back from battle in the world and go straight back to work without a meeting with the army and a call for celebration or a re-gathering on defeated front feels like something is lacking. I understand that we are here for school. I understand that some people here are planning their lives in bible school. But to come back with heavy things on your heart that hurts to tell on more than one separate occasion and wish to get it all out at once is hard to carry on day by day. This news may make me sound depressed or discouraged but do not be alarmed, I am doing wonderfully as day by day God points my mind in a straighter direction. It was my initial feelings but I cant imagine how someone else feels because with multiple personalities of a factor or 26 there is bound to be someone else. But that’s enough rambling on my part for this subject, lets talk about something else. This morning we had a men’s prayer time at 7:30 out on the dock, not everyone was able to make it but those who did it was a powerful morning. The sky was red as hot coals on a fire-bed and that reflected onto the still water that was only disturbed by occasional passing boats. The air was crisp but wasn’t overly cold. It is mornings like that, that fill me with desire to wake early and not waste what was given to us.

I know my family reads this and I hope they know that I was so content at home for Christmas and so happy to be back that I did not want to return. I miss you all every day and continuously pray for you without cease. But within these past 5 days I know I was meant to come back to strengthen my heart in many things. I look forward to April for you to come out here and see this side of the earth. I miss you all dearly and owe a sister a phone call she requested sometime ago

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers