Monday, November 23, 2009

Part 2. REMIX.. November 16-22

Week 2, prayer week; probably one of my favorite weeks so far in terms of spiritual downtime and revival. My time slot for the 24/7 week was a constant 5AM – 6AM. The mornings were usually acquainted with a clear sky that oh so much reminded me of home because usually at home it is either snowing partially cloudy or clear. And for the most part it is clear with an abundance of shooting stars. When I would go into the room I would look around the room for any new additions of praise and prayer requests then quickly turn off the lights, and sit by the window staring at the stars quietly whispering to God for answers, comfort and requests. The week started out strong for the first four days but near the end I felt strongly exhausted from my early mornings and was on the verge of falling asleep. But let me backtrack a bit. During the week I was able to do my QFX with the maintenance crew and helped them take apart a rotting girls bathroom! I know! Exciting! I was thinking I was going to be smashing everything but instead we were trying to preserve every little bit we could so we would save money on the next build. It was a great experience to come alongside the staff and have a great male bonding moment in the dismantlement of the bathroom. It took some crazy turns, which included a spider battle and a very insightful lesson on servant-hood but in the end we stripped that building bare.

On Friday I was able to go to youth for the first time in a while but when I got there I realized that it was nothing but a movie night and we were watching star trek. Not my favorite movie and I have come to loath space movies because I cant help but notice a universe being portrayed as a universe without God. Such a thing repulses me and I came prepared and finished my textbook that I brought to read. Something that I am very proud of accomplishing is starting and finishing my second textbook on Saturday. Start time 11:00. End time 5:00. 243 pages of a decent book… finished. Sunday came and here I am. After church I had a desire to get out of the buildings because lately I have realized that we are spending most of our time indoors and I wanted to go for a walk. I decided to walk up maple mountain where near the top is a clearing that I have heard of that has a cross and a beautiful view. It is just around a 40-minute hike past some great waterfalls. It was a very eye-opening walk and a great set of downtime to be had at my destination. I would like to include that on the way back from the gym one rainy night my I pod fell out of my rain jacket pocket and onto the wet path and in the rain. I realized this when I returned back to the lodge and looked in my pockets. I came to the decision to never put it in those pockets again because they have holes in them for some reason that is I pod-sized. Apparently TheNorthFace is not I pod friendly and desires all I pods to fallout into the rain. Of course this was a bummer because my pod is used every night to lull me to sleep and now it appeared to be broken. But after some prayer and a heat vent and uncooked rice it somehow works still! Tragedy avoided! Tomorrow is the Twenty-Third of November. A very big day for my family. Pray it goes well and the Lords healing hand is upon the Boyda’s in more ways than o

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers