Sunday, November 22, 2009

Part 1. REMIX.. November 9-15

First of all I would like to apologize for my slacking for the past two weeks and previous weeks before. My blogs have not been filled with very much content and have been quickly growing shorter. I intend to make an improvement on these shortcomings starting now with a different approach to writhing them. Now lets fill in the gaps for the past two weeks….

The morning of November ninth was a very exciting one because not just anyone was coming but DON TAYLOR was going to start teaching us about the Old Testament! At first I was discourage because I was thinking “what? A test? Memorize ALL the books of the Old Testament in order AND remember how to spell them ALL correctly?? OH NO!!!! These were my initial thoughts. At the start of the week but I was still pumped to learn about all the scandals, lies, murder and battle associated in the OT and at the end we were going to have a movie! Exciting eh? I thought so! As the week progressed the reality of the movie turned into a few late night/ early morning sections throughout the week but none of us are like the trooper Trent who pulled basically 2 all nighters, what a chief. But at the end of the week the movie turned out to be a fantastic film with effort put in from the whole Kaleo community. I must admit, because it was basically caught on film… the water in November is really… REALLY cold but it was worth it to add some Epic-ness unheard of in the film.

When the weekend came around I was slightly bummed to see that I was working again (but I signed up for that weekend so I really did that to myself) and Friday night consisted of me directing traffic. But this wasn’t the first time I directed traffic, the first time I did it alone but on my second attempt I was given an older and more “experienced” person to tell me how to tell where cars are to be parked. I never knew it before…but directing traffic is FUN! I remember watching at the airport where the men with the flashlight batons would wave where to place the planed by doing a little dance on the spot and that’s where the plane would go! And finally I got my own baton… which Brendan eventually threw on the ground after much provocation on my part and the flashlight cracked in half… nut it wasn’t mine nor was it a high quality light. In fact it was a low quality. So your welcome camp Qwanoes.

On Saturday I was on maintenance all the hours of the average North American workday except for the time of activities where I was doing ropes on the sky-scraper (giant 3 person swing). For those of you who do not know what ropes are on the giant swing; the cable that pulls the occupants up to the top gets unhooked from the riding swing thing and it is my job to pull that rope back to its original spot and prepare for the next ride. As it may not sound, this job is strenuous and tiring. In the end I got arm pump and couldn’t hold on to anything with my hands and had to find a replacement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers